Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Couch to 5K... Day 1

This morning I weighed myself for the first time in a while... It was a sad number, but it didn't really shock me.
It just helped me realized that i NEED to get serious about taking care of myself NOW! This is my highest weight ever.

I drank a bottle of water, took my vitamins and ate 2 pieces of 12 grain bread with peanut butter.

Then I did my first workout in the Couch to 5K Running program. It was challenging, but i did it. I made 2 full laps around my section of the neighborhood and then to the first speed bump passed my house. I was huffin & puffin, but i made it. By the end my jog wasn't much faster than my walk. One workout down... 26 more to go.

The two biggest things I need to avoid are soda & baked goods. I'm such a sucker for a muffin. I had stopped drinking sodas a while ago, after reading Skinny Bitch. The problem is i started drinking regular sodas instead... so it was good bye fake sugar chemicals, hello sugar!

I stopped eating meat a few months ago. I mostly avoid dairy products & eggs as well... but occasionally i splurge on cream based corn soup (from chili's) or a grilled cheese sandwhich. At first I saw the pounds drop, but just because I mostly eat vegan, doesn't mean I always ate healthy. And slowly all those pounds i lost have crept back on plus a few.

Since I was about 8 years old I have always dreamed of having 4 kids. I always planned on starting my family early in life- I want to be young enough to really enjoy my grandkids. At this point in my life i am wonderfully blessed to have 3 boys. I would absolutely LOVE to one day have a girl. I know I can't manipulate whether my last pregnancy will be a boy  or girl... but I can dream right. I don't want there to be a huge age gap between my kids. I'm not ready right now to go for #4, there are some things I need to address first. So I have my list of things to take care of and i'm working on them as I can.

Enough for now... off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment